Monday, October 19, 2009

Patience Endurance




I was able to visit with Olga this morning for about 10 minutes. It was so nice to see her I've missed her. I wasn't able to see her over the weekend. She is still not allowed to go to the playroom so we have to meet outside of one of the back exits. It's been raining and its cold so we met in the stairwell. I was so thrilled to see her happy face. I gave her a picture of me and Tim so she could take it back to her room. She pointed at Tim and said "dada". Then she gave me the "more" sign. I am now the candy lady, hmmm. I pointed to the picture of myself and said "mama", she pointed at Tim and said "dada". We went back and forth till she finally pointed at my picture and said "papa", close! Tim, is "dada" and I am now "papa". I tell myself maybe its easier to say "papa" then "mama", but no matter what she calls me I'm blessed that she acknowledged me.


We should complete more paperwork tomorrow for the completion of this chapter and the beginning of our new life together. There is so much waiting time. I believe this is a lesson in patience. Its quiet here in this apartment but its strange I don't feel alone. I know no matter where I am my Lord is with me. That gives me the peace that passes all understanding. Aside from missing Tim and the girls back home, I miss the body of Christ. There is something about having fellowship with those who are like minded and love the Lord. We should never take our brothers and sisters in the the Lord for granted. God had provided us a way of communing with one another on a level different then any other. There is truly a spiritual connection. God is Sovereign! Not only did He create all things, reconciled our relationship to Him through His Son, He created a network of believers too, the body of Christ. In this network we are asked to pray for one another and encourage one another. We are to come along side those who are weak or new in the Lord. Most importantly we are to love our brothers and sisters.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're doing well and that you're feeling God's presence so closely!!! I know that's helped me many times in so many situations. We're praying for you and for Miss Grace Olga - and can't wait to meet her!

    Love, Lauri and Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just started following along on your journey and it's been a blessing :) Our Isaac's been home for almost 3 months now and I can't imagine life without him. God is sooo good! Your family and you are in my prayers. Hugs from one sister to another :) Alysha, one blessed mama

    ReplyDelete